This lesson is designed to familiarize students with Arizona's primary legal sources. It will also provide a basic understanding of how to use these sources in conducting legal research. No prerequisite knowledge is required to use this lesson.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Research the Arizona Constitution
2. Explain the differences between the various Arizona statutory publications.
3. Demonstrate how to research using the Arizona statutes.
4. List the types of legislation the Arizona legislature can issue.
5. Define Arizona municipal laws.
6. Illustrate how to locate Arizona municipal law.
7. Demonstrate how to find relevant Arizona cases.
8. List the types of documents available from Arizona agencies and the Governor.